Tuesday, November 27, 2007

bad news

Well, bad news....I tore my ACL and parts of my Maniscus, so therfore that means i'm out for the season of basketball. it's a major bummer..tears have been shed. I went to meet the doctor today, his name is Doctor Mattelino (something like that) he is a good doctor. i like him alot. he is the one that's cutting me open. ah.. i'm already nervous. My surgery is January 11thish. I have to go through Physical Therapy before to get full range of motion back and have the swelling go down.

All in all, it's not fun to end my senior year end up like this, i would have never thought i'd have to undergo surgery for my ACL. Maybe an ankle injury or something but never this. So that's all that's been going on lately. Not very uplifting news. Luckily i have other things in my life instead of just basketball.. choir, church, family, friends, ect. My family has been a huge help getting me food while i've been on the crutches and just drivin me around (but now i'm aloud to drive..yay, prayers said. They have been a huge support. Love them all. xoxoxoxo

4 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Hey Nat, I'm so sorry to hear about your knee. That is definitely not fun. Be careful until your surgery - when Josh tore his first ACL, it was only partially torn, and then he ended up tearing it the rest of the way before he had surgery. He also tore his other one two months before we got married! So I have seen firsthand how un-fun it is! I hope you heal well. I'm glad you have other things to keep you busy! We'll be thinking about you!

Lots of loves!

Dyan said...

Not fun news at all Nat. A total bummer. I'm so sorry!

Shauna said...

i like how you put that the family has gotten you food while on your crutches..can i just say, do you want your apple pie heated?? hahah! but bummer nat! your allowed to drive though now? thats good!

Dani said...

That stinks! I am so sorry Nat. Good thing you are so multi-talented and have other things to keep you going. Try to keep the big picture in mind! loves.