Sunday, November 1, 2009

gene pool

I've decided that there was a serious shortage of a gene in males from the ages 18-25. That gene was the "height" gene. Seriously, I really think that there was something during those 7 years so guys wouldn't get height.  It's truly PATHETIC. I honestly feel like I know 10 guys up at school that are taller than me. Minus 5 for being married, and that leaves me 5 to date. Great. Too bad I know at least 3 of them and nothing has happened so far. So really it's only 2. 

ok.... Maybe there are more than 10 but you get the picture. I love being tall. Don't get me wrong. I am pleasantly pleased with my height. I love long jeans. Being able to reach the tall shelf is the closet. Playing basketball and volleyball. Having my feet hang off the bed if I'm not curled up. But sometimes I just wish guys were taller. One day, If I get really smart with the whole DNA thing maybe, just maybe I'll make some world renown study about how the height gene in males from age 18-25 was non existent. Maybe I'll write a book. Maybe I'll find a colony of tall guys for me. Wouldn't that be nice. 

But as for now, I better go find those other 2 tall guys and introduce myself so the other tall girls don't get them first and start crackin on the study of DNA so I can write my book! 
oh that 7 years of missing height genes... Where did you go? 

3 comments:

suzanne said...

Just so you know, I told Sam pre-mission that he was required to date tall girls. He told me the only good looking tall girls he could find, he was related too! So he married Nikki - all 5'2" of her! That's only a foot and a half different. And somehow that seems to be more 'acceptable' for guys to go out with small women. The other way around just seems awkward........Better get cracking on that DNA dealio!

Dani said...

Nat- I feel your pain girl!!! I felt the same way when I was at college. And the few taller guys that I knew were dating super short girls. Isn't there an unspoken rule about that?! Tall guys cannot date short girls! Somehow they always miss the memo. Anyways, hold out. You will find a dashingly handsome guy taller than you and it will have been worth the wait. I speak from experience. Good luck.

jacque said...

You crack me up! I liked the pun on the "shortage of gene pool"! Go find the guys on the men's basketball team!