Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Miracle of Forgiveness

So tonight i went to Madison's institute class with her and oh my gosh.... it was so good! I guess I'm used to my class which is mediocre, the teacher isn't that great and the class is really quiet. When she asked me to go with her, i was hesitant because i didn't want it to be like my class. but i went anyways and I'm so glad i did. Her class is "Miracle of Forgiveness" and her teacher was SOOOO good, I'm definitely going to try to take from him next semester. 

But anywho, he talked a lot about goal setting and knowing what we want to do in life and accomplishing it, and then he went on to talk about marriage and why students today aren't dating/getting married how they used to. We figured the reason for this was most people are too selfish, they want to continue going to the parties, or hanging with the boys, or the girls are too picky on what they see. So as i was uplifted by this wonderful class, i thought i'd share some of my favorite quotes from it with all you!

"There is an old man up there ahead of you that you ought to know... whether he is miserable or happy depends on you. For you made him. He is you grown old."

"Maybe we didn't realize the importance of the Holy Ghost until we missed it."

"No amount of time in front of the mirror will make you as attractive as having the Holy Ghost with you." (Sheri Dew)

Aren't those just great! i loved them when  heard them and i had to share them with everyone! And also below are pictures that were taken 2 days apart! Its definitely beginning to look a lot like winter. but i think I'm starting to enjoy it because it gets me excited for The upcoming holidays!

November 1, 2008
November 3, 2008

9 comments:

Megan Allen said...

Who's the teacher? I'm trying to decide who to take from next semester...

mom-jayne said...

Now I know why the request for additional Christmas gifts? Aren't inspiring teachers the greatest?? You'll have to put that on your list of classes to take. Loves.....

mom-jayne said...

By the way....Brrrrr.

Shauna said...

I love that quote by Sheri Dew! So good! I can't believe those pictures were taken 2 days apart. Actually, i can. But still....the snow needs to melt...and it's only the beginning! XOXO.

KP said...

natalie, those are some really good quotes! that's good you liked that class so much. it sounds like a great one! I am taking docterines of the gospel right now and i love love love it.
anyway....the weather sure looks cold there...ah! :)

KP said...

wait...i just saw what your mom's second post said!! BRRR. a REAL ONE! lol.

suzanne said...

I love tute!

jacque said...

I remember taking that class...it was a good one! Thanks for sharing! Could you please bring some of that winter snow with you at Thanksgiving? We are all still sweating around here!

Michele Ringer said...

So, my mom was stalking my blog and went to yours and read your Sheri Dew quote. She just called me to tell me it because she liked it so much! lol