Thursday, April 7, 2011

i woke up this morning to this....


it didn't make me happy.
i don't think people get having dishes like that is 100% disgusting.
I'm sick of doing my roommates dishes, but because I hate looking at them...
I will do them.
You may be thinking, "why don't you ask them to do them?"
the answer is, because I have.
I've written notes, sent texts, asked in person.
it lasts for about 3 days, and then back to the habits.
I'm like the mother. just picking up after my kids.

All I know is that when I have children, they will learn HOW to clean.
Saturday chores will be a weekly occurrence.
Cleaning the kitchen while my hubby and I take walks, will happen.
vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing, and sweeping will be imbedded in their brains.
I had to do it, i hated it at the time, but it's paid off. So,

Thank you Mom for teaching me to clean.
You might not think I appreciated it... but trust me.
I HAVE. And DO.

*this is not a bash on the roommates, i love them. it's just the dishes i hate*

6 comments:

nison (nic + allison) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nison (nic + allison) said...

The joys of roommate living. I went through the exact same thing (after Shauna moved home) my first year. I started putting their dirty dishes on their bed. I made sure there wasn't any nasty junk on the bottom, but this seemed to help. Call me rude, but I was sick of doing their dishes and cleaning up after them. Disgusting. I feel for you Nat!

. said...

100% agree with all of this.
WHY OH WHY will some of them just never do them? They act like they agree with how messy it is.. then i see them just set their dish to the side of the sink and walk up to class. HYPOCRISY! ha Sorry for your frustration. love you.

mom-jayne said...

I love the memory of dad and I taking a walk while you all scrubbed the kitchen clean!! We had many good walks. :) Maybe if you sing the "Working Song" from Enchanted while you work it won't seem quite so horrible. Only a few weeks left!!!....hang in there.

Kayde said...

Amen sista Amen! I am glad I have OCD parents and grandparents but sadly it gets worse with old age meaning more poor kids will never know hard core mess.

Trent Morrison said...

natalie,
it's actually ME who is leaving all the dishes out... i thought it would be nice if you would do my dishes for me, so i walk over every morning and drop off my dishes... i'll stop since it's bugging you. sorry.

-TM
haha. love you and feel your pain!