So, lets see. Housing: I love my house I love in, our hosts name is Yoni. She has a daughter that lives in her house with her who is 22 and her name is Wendi. They are the most giving people I have met and are so kind. Yoni doesn't speak that much English, but enough to communicate. She cooks every meal for us and it usually consists of...
Breakfast: a bread thing with jam and usually a piece of fruit
Lunch: (biggest meal of the day) soup, some meat sometimes, potatoes, and sometimes watermelon or "sandia" for dessert.
Dinner: just some meat and veggies, or just veggies. or leftovers from lunch!
So far it all been pretty good. :)
Our bedroom!
Classic peruvian. Feet didn't touch the ground.. she was probably over 50 years old too!
Peruvian street!
Talia and I starting our journey, and the longest flight of our lives.... ha!
Today I started my program, I met at the Maximo Nivel office at 8:30 and we left for my hospital I am working in. Everyone says that Peruvians are usually late, and that was the case today, the lady that was supposed to meet us at 8:30 didn't get there until a little after nine. Once she got there she took us on a tour of the hospital. It was pretty crowded, lots of little kids, and their parents. It's a hospital for low income families, and they really are low income! but I got to do some surgery today! well, not really surgery, but there was this girl who had a flea bite or something like that and someone had to pick out the infection part and then I had to clean up the bit. It was seriously the size of a dime or nickel maybe. Looked painful.
Then a little six year old, named Alex. (want to hook him up with one of my nieces) came in and I had to remove a scab from the back of his ankle! Since I am here for such a long time I will go around to all the different parts of the hospital, like the delivery center, the pediatric center, rehabilitation center, ect...!
first day of work!
9 comments:
YAY for pictures! Your bedroom looks fairly nice which is good. I LOVE the pic of the peruvian lady on the bench! I don't know how I feel about you hooking one of my daughters up with someone that you are picking scabs off of! :)
I LOVE THIS! keep posting the pictures :)
looks like you guys are having fun.
oh and both your hair looks so long!!
enjoy yourself! remember there is a friend oh the other end of the world that loves you! :)
hasta luego...
Woo hoo! Can't wait to hear more about your experiences! Looks like you're off to a great start!
Sooooo fun to see pics!! Now I can imagine you in my 'minds eye'! Keep them coming. What an adventure...can't wait to hear and see more....
I think the picture of the feet dangling says it all! Love it. You look happy happy happy! So glad you made it there safe and sound. What a great experience for you.............and for the Peruvians!
Yay for visuals! Of couse we need more though...where are those green mountains, the rest of your house, the view from your house of the street outside, the hospital you're at?! Okay, pretty much everything! That's neat you get to rotate around the hospital centers! Still can't believe you're there...
hey i wore my scrubs for the first time yesterday too! great pictures nat :)
yayyyy!!!!!! i love it! im so jealous its not even funny!!! be safe and i hope you are having soo much fun!!! love you!
Oh man... I am so so jealous! Live it up! I miss you
Post a Comment