In Relief Society today our lesson was on Eternal Marriage.
These lessons usually go one of two ways, good or bad.
Todays was great!
However, my bishops wife was making a comment, something like:
"You need to learn to be happy and live your life even if you aren't getting married.
It'll come and you need to appreciate yourself first."
(which by the way, I LOVE when church leaders say things like this)
Some girl from the back corner yells out, no joke, YELLS.
"We can't wait forever, our eggs don't last!!"
There wasn't much laughter, or conversation, I think we were all shocked.
Then she goes "It's true." (in a non joking tone)
WOW. seriously. some comments need to be left unsaid.
1. so inappropriate to be said in church
2. in response to the Bishops wife
3. definitely does not need to be yelled.
I guess some people just aren't happy yet.
5 comments:
hahahahahahahahahahaha.
i owe you a phone call.
chat with you soon.
That is EXACTLY what my mom said before I met Nic. Girls need to be ok with themselves first and love themselves when you are single. As soon as that piece falls into place, you'll meet someone least unexpected (that's what happened to me :)
Your bishop's wife is a smart woman.
The sage advice of your Bishop's wife is exactly what your dad has always said...and it's true. I'm glad you are in a happy place!!
omgosh. awk. glad no one yelled something crazy in my lesson yesterday!! HAHA.
ps, check out merediths blog..it's linked on my blog....it's about dating and our thoughts on it...
hahahahahahahahah.. maybe she has a bum ovary.
Post a Comment